Sunday, May 24, 2009

la tercera post

Sunday was another day of gardening...



Luke planted the plants that Sam brought from her spree at the greenhouses in Pekin, ND (not anywhere near Fargo...). They look a lot healthier than our home grown ones!



You can see how they are already big and bushy! Luke has already claimed himself king over next years seedlings...since I apparently am not as good at growing seedlings as a professional greenhouse! Sorry! My tomatoes and peppers might not look that great.....but my cucumbers, pumpkins, and squash look amazing!



We finished part 1 of the patio project (and by we I mean Luke). Part 2 is finishing a path to the shed.



Here are the seedlings from round 2 of pea plants. A few from round one can be seen to the left. These seedlings grew up the side of a bucket of dirt I collected from getting pots cleaned out from last year. They may not have survived transplanting, since I thought there roots only went a few inches deep, not the entire height of the bucket (2 feet) so many were sliced! Round 3 is along the South fence of the garden and round 4 is along the North. Round 5 will be by the compost bin. Round 6 is yet to be determined. We shall have a lengthened pea harvest!



Here is my amazing cucumber seedling! It already bloomed and was pollinated and you can see the gourd beginning to form! Already!



These are my tomato plants. They're tall but wussy with small stems. Luke did some YouTube research on tomato plants and lectured me on how the stem is all that matters and tomato farmers pick seedlings based on nothing else but the stem and blah blah blah blah...........



These are the herbs and exotic flowers that Sam also bought in Pekin. One of them is an Asian Poppy which is apparently illegal in Europe (but legal here....we aren't breaking any laws that we know of...). They didn't enjoy being outside today so I didn't plant them...hopefully the survive!

1 comment:

  1. Way cool!!!! I'm soooooo excited over your blog!!! Hugs!!! Keep the love!!

    ReplyDelete