Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Food and Seating

First of all, look at this weird strawberry. This strawberry got it all backwards - the wide part is down below and the point is at the top... yeah... that's all I have on that... so weird...
Here is an awesome veggie burger recipe. It's a garbanzo bean burger. It was fantastic. For some reason I have no clue where that recipe went and Charlene is sleeping at the moment - if we make a post on that recipe it will require her to be awake...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally finished my chair, and here it is! I learned a lot making my picnic table - and I learned WAYY more making this thing. There were a lot of mistakes and gaffes along the way, but that's the best way to learn and have it stick in your brain - mistakes. Most of my problems have stemmed from using a really hard wood: red oak. I found out that you will destroy screws, blades, and tools unless you use ones meant for really hard woods. Well, at least I know it won't break anytime soon. I was planning all along to put a clear outdoor protecting finish on it but all I had was a can that stained it as well - I wasn't patient enough to wait and buy the clear stuff...
So this is what it looks like. I think it looks fine - but it's not what I intended... and now I regret it.
Nonetheless it is still fantastically comfortable in comparison to the picnic table, bench, or any of our folding chairs. Now I can enjoy my yard like it's supposed to be enjoyed. My next project is to make a love seat version of this (hopefully with ben when he visits in August) and a drink table as they are included in the plans I have. I am also thinking of making a curved ottoman that fits the style of the chair, though that would need to be designed by myself.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Luke!! I'm impressed!! It looks great!! The chair....I'm not sure about the garbanzo bean burger but would try it!!! Love ya! Auntie C

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Chair" looks great Luke! You always were impressed by your Grandpa's skills! I hear grandpa was pleased with your craftmanship, too!

    As far as the "burger"....it looks like something I might even try.....how does it smell?????

    ReplyDelete